Winter Solstice Challenge – 2019-2020
- Organize and execute a 8+ mile hike with 3 or more people.
- 30+ seconds of cold water plunge up to the shoulders, outdoors.
- Locate, positively identify, and document one native edible or medicinal plant that is useful or traditionally sought after during winter.
- Locate, positively identify, and document three native animal tracks.
- Remain logged off social media from Christmas Day until the New Year.
- Execute ten strict pull ups from a dead hang.
Thorough documentation of fulfillment of tasks can be accomplished via photographs, video, and fitness tracking applications (for hike distance confirmation). Submissions for confirmation of completion can be sent to email@example.com
Disorganized presentations will be discarded.
Reward for completion of this challenge comes with the privilege of an invite to our next open event; location and time to be announced upon completion and verification. We charge no fees for attendance to events. It is strictly based on merit, enthusiasm, and ability, of which can be readily determined via participation in challenges.
Challenge ends March 19, 2020.